Sunday, June 5, 2016

Teaching on Spirits: Day 5

How / why do we get demonically influenced / infected? (pt3)

There is so much information out there. Can you trust it all?

Is there any reason to be on guard other than the fact that it might be false?

Yes and yes some more.

We know influence comes in a variety of ways and sometimes what's intended to build us up in various ways can actually be detrimental to our lives on a number of levels, especially spiritually.

For example, there's a certain book I read on culture not too long ago by a Christian author. At the time it made great sense and still does, but in some areas I could sense there was some type of ideology under-girding the writing. It (coupled with other things) began to draw me away in my theological perspective...

But this is a book by a Christian author, how is that possible?!

{I also found it interesting that a new brother in Christ I came across started reading this same book and then noted: "Be careful what you read."}

Besides the fact that many things have been "Christianized" (throwing the title of 'Christian' in front of it), some things do not lose their roots. I'm told Karate, Yoga, and other forms of activity grew out of religious notions. Is it possible to get away from those religious undertones if you aren't knowledgeable about it??? Of course my concern when I passed by a banner outside a church the other day advertising "Christian Yoga".

I had a friend who would participate in a Yoga class at her job, and every time at the end when they'd say, "namaste", she'd say a lil prayer b/c she had no idea what they were saying...eventually I told her what it meant. I also discerned something wasn't right spiritually, which is due to a number of things (e.g. Past hurts, trauma, unforgiveness, bitterness, resentment, etc.)

All this to say: Doctrines of demons look harmless and feel good.

They underwrite various thoughts /methodologies in areas concerning physical strength, entertainment, intellectual engagement, etc.

Whatever you do, pray for discernment so when you first feel like, it ain't "filled" right, you'll have the strength to get a different type of filling...even if it's just Hostess; "now that's the stuff!"

SN: Namaste is a way of acknowledging the "divine spark" in each of us.

No comments: