Heavenly Father, we come to you now asking that you would open our eyes, our hearts, and our minds to receive whatever it is that you would speak into our lives through this time of reflection. May our weaknesses be revealed and the love of Christ shower down upon us, so that we may acknowledge how much we need you. Indeed, show us the truth in how you are everything you claim to be. Amen.In my life I’ve constantly run into similar problems. For some reason they’ve all involved the opposite gender. I’m not sure if that is, as my coworker puts it: “the universe playing a cruel trick on me” OR perhaps some symbolism or parallel between Jesus’ life (i.e. Born of a woman, numerous interactions with women, and women being the first to attest to his resurrection) and my own. Either way, I can’t say I (fully) appreciate it.
The quick skinny:
• Coworker called me arrogant
• They said I "bring out the evil in people"
• [Still waiting for results]
When you know who you are in Christ and who your Father is, as Jesus so delicately pointed out…when you’re at a point where “you know that you know that you know”, be prepared to face opposition. Even if you say exactly who you are there may be individuals who can’t vibe with that or possibly they become jealous of you. Perhaps there may be a situation where the Jesus in you “irks” them so, for reasons including: They know they need to change, they’re attracted to your light and/or they’re going through something and the light [inside you] is exposing their darkness.
A more in depth look-Who is Jesus?
Arrogance vs. Confidence-No Not I
This is F.U.N. (For Ur Needs)
Use your KEYS
- Know who you are in Christ
- Expect to be persecuted by people
- Your light will make their darkness tremble
- Stay committed to what God has called you to; persevere
- You are created in his image…Rest in who you are, DON’T debate who you’re not. (Psalm 139:14)
- They will keep speaking in your ear!
- Don’t be surprised if they say the same thing; eer’time (every time)
Bob Ya’ Head
In His Image(Pro) #PSAvol2
*Christ never defaults #guaranteed