Thursday, June 23, 2016

Teaching on Spirits: Day 23

Today's topic: Thankfulness / Gratefulness.

Why be thankful?

"Lord, woke you up this mornin' didn't he?!"

In general learning to be thankful, especially in all things will prolong your life. We come to understand that our physical existence is based on our spiritual experience.

Let me say that again...our physical EXISTENCE is based on our SPIRITUAL experience.What does this mean? This means that the power to live or be a certain way in the "natural" stems from what is done in the spiritual; one realm directly influences the other...and not vice versa (although depending on the conversation there might be some wiggle room for the reverse, but more so as a response not a cause).

"16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
(1 Thess. 5:16-18)

Thanksgiving much like Praise and Worship is also a weapon to be harnessed for power in spiritual warfare.

Over the last several years, a couple of times after the celebration of Pentecost I've done, "50 Days of Thanksgiving". Why? Well, the first time in 2013 I was standing on a street corner waiting for the bus in Pittsburgh and in my Spirit I "just wanted to give thanks". And I pondered how could I do this where others could participate??? So I brought it to Facebook. They say it takes 17 days to form a habit, so who knows what 50 days of focus will do for you ;-)...

Thankfulness is also a key factor in praise.

Resources:

No comments: