Thursday, November 3, 2011

Eternity Long

A long summer it was...what it wasn't; an eternity.

Psalm 84 (NKJV) [d-shedRemix]
 1 How lovely is Your tabernacle, O LORD of hosts!  
2 My soul longs, yes, even faints For the courts of the LORD;
My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God
...Selah
5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, 
Whose heart is set on pilgrimage....
8 O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer; 
Give ear
...And look upon the face of Your anointed. 
10 For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand. 
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God 
Than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; 
The LORD will give grace and glory; 
No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly.
12 O LORD of hosts, Blessed is the man who trusts in You!

Exercise: 
Now reread the verse of reflection in a different way. I'm assuming you read it straight through. Try pausing at the end of each line or every other line. Do this several times until you see how the way you approach reading it affects the way you interpret what the writer is saying.

...

One Saturday afternoon fresh off a devotional session with some of the fellows from the Talbert Leadership Institute I entered somewhat of a quiet time. I don't fully remember all which transpired. What I do know is that I came upon a song.

This one in fact:

As I began to sing this song and send up a praise from the outpouring of my heart I realized that no matter how long I searched I wouldn't find anyone like God. Of course at first listen or glance at the words one might say, "This is obvious. The point of the song is that there isn't anyone like Him." Tis true...how about focusing on the fact that we could search for all...eternity...long.

Think about it: Eternity Long...

#culturalContext
If you know me or where I hail from as far as my heritage, you know I had to get somewhat "ethnic" wit it.

I continued to praise and before you knew it I had my own variation of this rendition.
This included phrases such as:
  • That is forever...
  • I'm tired of trying...
  • Feel like I'm dying...

When's the last time you sung a song to the Lord while making it your own (or a song in general)?

Sumthn2Ponder (s2p):
  • How long is eternity? (I mean...really though)
  • Does forever equate to eternity and vice versa?
  • Name one thing you'd do for the rest of your life without ceasing
    • No takesies backsies #mindChange

4 I'm asking God for ONE thing, only one thing: 
To live with him in his house my whole life long. 
I'll contemplate his beauty; I'll study at his feet.