Monday, August 15, 2011

Don't Let Me Leave

There are so many times in our lives where the “the going got tough”…so tough in fact that we felt it’s time to get going. I’ve been there many a days and continue to want to succumb to the pressure and responsibilities that life constantly throws at us. What if we could get to a point where we decided to fight through every battle, struggle, or circumstance until we’ve done what needs to be done in that specific instance? How much differently things could look for us…right?



Psalm 138 (NLT)

 A psalm of David.


1 I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart;
I will sing your praises before the gods.
2 I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.
I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness;
for your promises are backed
by all the honor of your name.
3 As soon as I pray, you answer me;
you encourage me by giving me strength.

 4 Every king in all the earth will thank you, Lord,
for all of them will hear your words.
5 Yes, they will sing about the Lord’s ways,
for the glory of the Lord is very great.
6 Though the Lord is great, he cares for the humble,
but he keeps his distance from the proud.

7 Though I am surrounded by troubles,
you will protect me from the anger of my enemies.
You reach out your hand,
and the power of your right hand saves me.
8 The Lord will work out his plans for my life—
for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.
Don’t abandon me, for you made me.

Amen.


[Excerpt from August 6, 2011]

Had some conversations on last night and we seem to have figured out what’s going on with this work situation. Apparently this individual knows that I (Jesus) am challenging her to change her ways. Now I’m not saying she’s chief sinner or a horrible person, but there are some things she has to work on. It took forever to get to this point.

...


My heart hurts so much for her because I love her and Jesus wants her to have more. I’m not sure what needs to be done but I have a little less than 3 weeks to go. So, Father…whatever it is you plan to do or how you plan to use me; do it…quickly…I’m begging you. Amen.

By the way, she’s the reason I was here this summer…at least this job anyways. I mean, there are a number of reasons why I was here but…I knew something and someone at my job would be a struggle. Now you (I) know!

The more I sit here and think about it, I’m starting to cry. If this is as close as she’ll get to Jesus something has to be done.

“Father. Don’t let me leave.”

I don’t even know what to pray for, I just know that it hurts to think of how she is, but to know what she could be. “Father. Don’t let me leave.”

It’s obvious that her soul yearns for a deeper understanding and connection because as she said, “You bring out the evil in people.” So father I’m pleading with you, “Don’t let me leave.”

I don’t know what tomorrow or the next will bring or that anyone will have the audacity and courage to stand up and say, “You need more of Him in your life.” So…“Father. Don’t let me leave.”

I should count it a joy whenever I persevere and struggle but I see your people continue to hurt and they DON’T HAVE TO! So…“Father. Don’t let me leave.”

Just as you listened to Moses in the wilderness as he’d constantly intercede on the behalf of his sickly comrades who continued to be disobedient and neglect you…as you forgave us as Christ was nailed to the cross, not knowing what we had done; “Father. Don’t let me leave!”

I can’t sit around another day, another hour, another moment knowing that this may be the only opportunity she’ll get….FATHER DON’T LET ME LEAVE! You are the cornerstone who becomes a stumbling block for those who refuse to acknowledge…so may not any stone be left unturned…FATHER, DON’T LET ME LEAVE!

 … As He is with us wherever we go, Father allow us to carry out the plans that you have set forth before us with vigor and perseverance; do not let us leave. Amen.


Why? 

The quick skinny:
  • My coworker wanted to change
  • I knew I hadn’t done enough
  • God didn’t say it was over

What does this mean for me? #theReader

Regardless of who you are, you will face trials, tribulations, situations, circumstances…same problem with a new face. It’s a part of life; trouble. You really should get used to it. The difference is now you can expect it and even more importantly be prepared. Don’t allow trying times to tie you down. Fight back! It won’t last forever. In most cases the length of time it takes to overcome an obstacle will depend on how hard you are willing to fight. If you have to jump over a hurdle, prepare yourself to jump HIGHER. If you’ve got to move a road block, prepare yourself to push HARDER. And if you’ve got to run a race, make sure you’re prepared to run LONGER.


For further insight:
Read-How I Feel About All of This


This is F.U.N. (For Ur Needs)

Use your KEYS
  • Know that God orders your steps; especially when you ask him too
  • Expect to be challenged in EVERYTHING you do
  • Your testimony is directly tied to any and every test that comes your way
  • Stay faithful to who he’s called you to be and persevere (endure) 

Challenge
  • Keep walkin’…and when you feel like giving up stretch out your hands to God and pray for strength
  • Keep your head up; Peter drowned because he took his eyes off of God (He SAW the wind; Matt. 14:22-23)
  • Keep your feet moving; can’t get closer to him if you’re at a standstill

Bob Ya’ Head
Walking on Water(Lecrae)