Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Make 'Em (Routinely) Suffer: The State of G(r)ay Affairs #MERS

I just wanted to provide for my family. A bachelor's wouldn't cut it.

Help. me. Jesus. Help. me! #kevHartVoice
Amen.

There's this slight possibility that I've been tricked, hoodwinked, bamboozled. On the flip side, maybe, just maybe I am taking my faith a little more seriously.





Church, Platforms, Influence #CPI
Sometimes the way we go about our lives as Christians cause non-believers to go "la la la". As I mentioned before I could be wrong. I'm no pastor, just a (secularly educated) layman (i.e. Regular folk). We must reach outside the comfort of our cliques, question our faith (See: Critical thinking), and disciple differently (e.g. New & creative ways). As many know, millennials are overly connected, disruptive, revolutionaries...I find it interesting that communication has become such a key ingredient in our struggle to make sense of the ever propagating world around us.

That's so... #nonPejorative
I've been thinking. Nothing out of the ordinary there. Things are a bit strange at times surrounding a lot of today's topic of conversation. Since queer means strange, shady, suspicious...unusually different or of a questionable nature, would it be wrong or inappropriate to say something is "...so queer"? I'm reminded of how the phrase "that's so gay" was looked down upon because of the subtle comparison between "gay" and "stupidity". Took some time to loosen that, but I honestly do see certain things as being "gay" these days; gay being lighthearted, sprightly, and playful.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I got some rememberin' to do.


Why?
The quick skinny:
  • The more I try to live as Christ did, the more I suffer. Seems...counter-intuitive.

What does this mean for me? #theReader 
My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement.-Patricia, Joe VS the Volcano.

Ask yourself the following:
What is...

  • Suffering
  • Persecution
  • Hatred
  • Grace
  • the kingdom of God


For further insight: Read- Virginia's Gay Methodism, A Ram in the Bushes, Schisa-what?It's Our AnniversaryIn Defense of Gay Teens, Love Wins, Progress Africa

#TebowTime
The "Tebow" RuleTop 5 Timmy TruesTimmy Should Quit!God is NOT Mocked

Honorable Mention: Perseverance, The Black Church

This is F.U.N. (For Ur Needs)  Use your KEYS
  • Know that suffering is for our good
  • Expect to be hated/persecuted
  • Your response reflects your maturity
  • Stay committed to the cause 

Challenge
  • Grow in grace. Pursue peace. Love in longsuffering.

Bob Ya’ Head
If Not Us (Matthew West) Lyrics

With Every Act of Love (Jason Gray) Lyrics

No comments: