Thursday, September 1, 2011

Go All The Way-A Fire Shut Up (Jeremiah 20:9)

By the time you read this I’ll be somewhere far off in the ocean…well, not really; however, I will be on a boat celebrating the start of another school year. I’ve been here before and must say that it looks similar but feels completely different.

On August 27, a year ago we had our annual boat cruise. The department gets together inclusive of students, faculty, management/staff and other invited guests. We have some grub, wash it down with a lil somethin’ somethin’ and then it’s off to the dance floor for those who feel so inclined.

I knew that the first year of this journey would be a tough one (more on that to come later).

Here’s a toast hoping I get it right this time….#2ndtimeAround

Without further adieu it’s time to throwback like a Houston Oilers Jersey:

Hear my prayer…

[Originally written August 27, 2010]

Pass it on to somebody...



This is a video on my "school"...3min long


I am supposed to be here. God placed me in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to attend Carnegie Mellon University. It wasn't by accident...or even MY choice.

Only the first week has gone by.

I am reminded everyday of the opportunity that I've been afforded with NO COST to me...and an ability to literally reach the world.

REACH THE WORLD....classmates from at least 28 countries

In John 21:15-19 Peter was given a chance at redemption.

He had denied Christ 3 times before the rooster crowed leading up to the crucifixion and now is given a CHANCE to say that he "loves the Lord" (3 times)....so much he was willing and indeed followed him to death (2 Peter 1:14).

There's an old song. "Where he leads me I will follow".




One thing I like about sports is when a football player has broken through the defense, running in the wind and there's nothing between him and the end-zone....the announcer believes he will score the touchdown, but there are still some opposing players chasing after him; trying to STOP him.

While this transpires you hear, "He...could...go...all...the...way!"

In fact he does; touchdown!


I don't know how far "all the way is"...but then I look back and see how far I've come. (Ephesians 2:1-10)

Do you love Christ enough to go all the way?

GraceNPeace

-liMitz

Why? 

The quick skinny:
  • It’s always good to look back and see where you’ve come from
  • Goals/Dreams/Aspirations are nothing without the work necessary to bring them to fruition
  • I had to put it out there


What does this mean for me? #theReader

It’s time for you to pick yourself up off the couch, hit the power button on the remote and get back on track #exercise. You’ve got God given gifts and abilities. If they go unused and aren’t cultivated properly they’ll become useless. They may not be “taken” from you but that doesn’t mean you can put them down and pick them back up whenever you want. Some talents are for a specific time and season; don’t let your clock run out.

For further insight:
Background- John 21:15-19, 2 Peter 1:14, Ephesians 2:1-10


This is F.U.N. (For Ur Needs)

Use your KEYS
  • Know that there will come a time when the rubber must meet the road
  • Expect to struggle, stumble, and stammer during the process
  • Your desires are there for a reason; find out why
  • Stay connected to your power source
Challenge
  • Whatever your conviction(s) is (are) be willing & READY to give everything to PROVE how much you believe it (them)
Bob Ya’ Head
Surrender [Flame ft. V. Rose]